Competitive project for the interior of A’Twin restaurant – third place
The project was developed for a competition on the topic of a restaurant based on the author of fantasy novels Terry Prachet. With this project arch. Silvia Mitkova took third place in the competition. The interior design of the salon is completely provoked by the books of Terry Prachet and The World of Disc. This world floats in the space of the backs of four giant elephants. They, in turn, have stepped on the shell of an even more giant A’Twin turtle. This world is completely at odds with science and physics. Tons of water pour from the Disk into outer space from the river, which runs its entire length. Many of the compositional solutions in the salon are provoked by this. The whole room is under one central axis – from there passes the running line. This axis is emphasized by the design solution of the suspended ceiling. The highest level has a free landscape shape resembling a river. The lower levels enhance this feeling with their color solution – a darker shade (blue). For its part, the suspended ceiling is organized to create an idea of the outer space in which A-Twin travels. The blue color is the sky, and the chaotically scattered round lighting fixtures of different sizes with the stars. Another accent are the round wooden elements in the ceiling. With their warm cherry color they give a little warmth and coziness in the room and create the feeling of planets, behind them there is hidden lighting that highlights them and they stand out against the ceiling. The assignment for the concept of the restaurants mentions the return to nature, recycling and leading an environmentally friendly life.
- Almost entirely recycled materials were used.
- The peculiar river on the ceiling is from old newspapers.
- The wall cladding is made of recycled colored paper.
- The interior design of the salon, mixing side shapes, modern elements and antique details not only creates a feeling of coziness and warmth, but also turns the restaurant into a kind of “oasis of the traveler”, which can feel at home with a book in hand.
- Accents are the round wooden elements in the ceiling. With their warm cherry color, they give a little warmth and coziness to the room, and insert style. They create the feeling of planets.
- Eclecticism of elements of new and old – antique.
- The tables are made of solid wood, at first glance roughly carved from old wood.
- The island bar has elements resembling a barrel, and the wooden shelves are for books, as is the concept by assignment.
- The luminaires above the booths and the tables next to the wall have a modern design, but at the same time are made of recycled materials.
- Provided panels with photos of bizarre places on our planet that look as if they are not of this world.